2017-01-17

Mea Culpa: Fedora Elections

As announced here, here , and here, the Fedora Election cycle for the start of the 25 release has been done. Congratulations on the winners. Now if you notice there were less than 250 voters for any of the elections out of multiple thousand of eligible voters.. I am not one of them.

It is not like the elections were announced before, at the start, or right before they ended. Yet somehow.. I missed everyone of these emails. I caught various emails on NFS changing configurations, proposed changes to Fedora 26 and 27, or various retired packages.. but I completely spaced the elections. I was actually sending an email asking when they would be held when someone congratulated Kevin Fenzi on IRC about winning.

So to the winners of this cycle of elections. Congratulations. To all the people who put in the hard work of running elections (and having run several it is a LOT of hard work), my sincere apologies for somehow missing it.

No comments: